Renewable energy is super-green –a resource available locally and globally that doesn’t have to be mined, extracted, refined or shipped from thousands of miles away. Renewable energy will become more and more important as time goes by. Home energy conservation via renewable energy is key in the battle for this state to become more energy efficient. Although it takes technology and money to harness renewable energy, doing so doesn’t harm the environment. There are four renewable energy sources that homeowners can use to make their homes greener and more energy efficient:
- Sunlight can generate electricity in a solar photovoltaic (PV) system, or it can produce hot water in a solar thermal system.
- The earth’s temperature (45-65 degrees F about 6ft. below the surface) can be used as a heat source and a heat sink in a ground-source geothermal heat pump system. Also known as a geothermal heat pump, this system provides super-efficient heating and cooling, and can even eliminate the need for a separate water heater.
- Biomass (firewood and pellets) can be used in wood and pellet stoves to provide home heating.
- Wind power can be harnessed by small-scale wind turbines that generate electricity for home use. Like hydro-power, wind energy is more frequently used in large-scale applications than in home energy systems.
Climate Partners has expertise in all aspects of renewable energy, and can install solar thermal and ground-source heat pump systems in Connecticut. Call or email today for a free renewable energy energy evaluation. We proudly serve homes throughout the Greater New Haven including but not limited to Hamden, Meriden, Norwalk, Milford, Stratford, Wallingford, West Haven.
Using Renewable Energy in Three Steps :
Is renewable energy a smart choice for your home? The answer to this question depends on several factors. A simple and sure way to assess the potential of renewable energy at your house is to take these three steps:
- Reduce before you produce. BEFORE you consider installing a solar system or ground-source heat pump, it’s important to make sure your house is adequately insulated and air-sealed. The goal is to reduce home energy consumption so that you won’t be wasting the renewable energy you produce. Dr. Energy Saver can perform a free insulation evaluation and provide a free estimate for upgrading insulation according to U.S. Department of Energy recommendations.
- Have your home evaluated for a solar system and/or a ground-source heat pump. While most homes can effectively accommodate a wood stove or pellet stove, the same can’t be said for solar PV, solar thermal and geothermal heat pump installations. Based on a site evaluation, Climate Partners can discuss your best options for solar and/or geothermal heat pump systems. NOTE: Climate Partners has the most up-to-date information on state and federal incentives for energy-saving improvements, including renewable energy systems.
- Have Climate Partners install a state-of-the-art solar or geothermal heat pump system. If you elect to install a solar or geothermal heat pump system, Climate Partners can handle the installation from start to finish.
Start Saving Energy and Money With A Renewable Energy Upgrade.
Climate Partners is a renewable energy company serving the local areas including New Haven, Bridgeport, Stamford and Norwalk, Meriden, Hamden, West Haven, Milford, Stratford, Wallingford and nearby.
Please call us now at 203-457-8581 to schedule a free home inspection and renewable energy estimate.