Why Do I Need A Home Energy Evaluation?
Consuming less electricity will significantly increase your energy savings so you do everything you can to control the energy usage at home. But even if you’ve installed energy-efficient appliances and use them sparingly, it’s possible to see a spike in your monthly utility bills.
There are several reasons that can cause this problem, and locating the exact cause can be an arduous task. Thankfully, you can get a home energy evaluation from Climate Partners, which is a valuable service that is well worth the investment.
What Happens During An Evaluation?
A home energy evaluation is designed to help you locate the sources of your energy loss. Energy auditors will use a variety of techniques and equipment to thoroughly assess your energy usage, as well as come up with a solution to your problem.
Some of the things you can expect the auditors to do include:
- Inspecting the size of the property and its existing electrical fixtures
- Inspecting each room, each opening (e.g. doors and windows), plus the ductwork, HVAC system, and insulation
- Examining your utility bills
- Conducting a blower door test to spot air leaks and determine the airtightness of the building
- Using thermographic technology to reveal thermal abnormalities in the home
Once all the data has been gathered, the auditor will report back to you and discuss your options. Depending on the result, some likely remedies may include any of the following:
- Have the corners of the doors and windows sealed
- Have your HVAC equipment updated or replaced
- Have your ductwork professionally sealed and cleaned
- Install more energy-efficient systems
- Add more or better insulation
What You Can Do To Help
Even though the auditor will handle the evaluation, you can do a few things to ensure that the procedure is flowing smoothly. Before the day of the assessment, make sure that you have the following on hand:
- Copies of your utility bills for at least the past 12 months
- A list of noticeable energy or temperature problems like inconsistent climate control in certain rooms
- A detailed list of how many hours you spend at home, number of residents and types of daily activities that use electricity
Let Climate Partners Handle Your Home Energy Evaluation
When you need answers about your home’s energy efficiency, be sure to contact Climate Partners for a home energy evaluation. You can contact us online or give us a call at 203-347-4024 to find out where you can save money on your utility bills. Our company has been offering reliable energy evaluations to homeowners in Fairfield and New Haven Counties, Connecticut since the early 1900s. We also provide the following energy solutions to improve your home: